Notes from DLTGA
2016 TRAVEL GRANT PROGRAM
The Transplant Games of America in partnership with The American Association of Tissue Banks and other sponsors, is excited to announce its 2016 Travel Grant Program (Formerly known as the TGA Scholarship Program)
The goal of this initiative is to make participation in the 2016 Donate Life Transplant Games more attainable to organ, corneal, and tissue recipients as well as living donors and donor family members. The number of scholarships available is not known at this time as contributors are still being sought but it is expected that there will be a minimum of 30 scholarships awarded.
Travel Grant Amount Amount: $750.00
* Applicants must be attending the 2016 Donate Life Transplant Games of America being held in Cleveland Ohio from June 10 through June 15, 2016.
* Applicants must be a qualified recipient (tissue, corneal, bone marrow, organ) or living donor within the 9 month designation to compete in the games, or an immediate family member of a deceased donor.
* Applicants must answer three qualifying questions each consisting of 300 words or less.
Scholarship Award Timing:
* Applications will be accepted between January 1 2016 and February 15, 2016
* Awards will be announced on Tuesday, March 22, 2016
Winners selected will be a cross-section of qualified candidates taking into consideration a representation of our entire donor and transplant family. Judges will consider applicant's statement of need as well as individual presentation of the impact that donation and transplantation has had on the candidate both past and future.
Award winners agree to participate in an appropriate media event during the 2016 Donate Life Transplant Games of America and understand that the award may be taxable under current IRS rules.
Click Here to Apply for a 2016 TGA Travel Stipend Award